Thursday 23 July 2009

Cover

Cover below. As always, it's a composite of a whole bunch of images - not least the photo which is compiled from different photos. The cliff edge, the little village in the distance, the outcrop of rock, the church, the hill in the far distance... all different pics. The illustration is also layered to hell and back.

In other news, I've also uploaded the entire first issue to the printer's, and ordered a couple of issues to proof! If it's all ok, I'll post details here...

2 comments:

  1. Having now read my copy of issue 1, I just wanted to chime in here to say how much I enjoyed it. The meticulous art (and your blog here makes me see quite how meticulous!) gives a wonderful sense of place and atmosphere, quite unlike any other comic I can remember reading (the nearest would be Big Numbers I think). The dialogue all rings true, and the story has me completely hooked. The second issue will be out next month, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's an incredibly kind review, thanks! I must say I'm intrigued by your post: you don't leave a name and, mainly due to my own complete ineptitude at marketing the thing, The Absence isn't easily available yet! Would it be rude to ask how you came by a copy? Well, however you did I'm very glad you enjoyed it. And as for a second issue... it's on the go but it might be a little longer than a month I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete